1. Jobs -world energy capital Houston
2. It's cheaper-based on cheap labour and poor regulation.
3. Homes-Land is cheaper than elsewhere and the process of land acquisition very efficient
4. Low tax-Texas is one of only seven states where residents pay no personal state income tax
5. Pick your own big city-Texas has six of the country's 20 biggest cities, if you're in Texas you can be in Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, or El Paso.
6. Austin in particular-Sense of Place and Creative Resistance in Austin, Texas
7. Family-friendly- a reasonable mortgage and pretty good schools, Texas has been particularly popular with families, and some of its cities now have an above-average number of children.
8. Fewer rules-Texas is liberal in the classic sense, it's laissez-faire, so there's a lack of regulations
9. Texans are normal people-The state likes to proclaim itself as an unpretentious, down-to-earth place where people are easy to get along with.
10. And they're not going anywhere-more than three-quarters of adults born in Texas still live there.
More: please visit at :http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22649624